Blizzard Disaster Preparedness
Before a blizzard
As beautiful as newly fallen snow may be, it can also be disruptive, destructive, and deadly. Blizzards make for dangerous driving, and heavy snow on power lines can also cause distressing power outages. Being prepared for heavy snowfall is one of the best ways to make sure your family stays safe.
Family communication plan:
- Your family may not be together, so make sure to plan how you will contact one another
- Check emergency plans with your children’s daycare or school
- Identify a single point of contact who lives outside the storm for household members to notify when they are safe
- Text messages can be helpful when a storm causes network disruptions. If you can't get through with a call, try a text message
Here are some useful links to help you prepare and stay safe:
- Winter Storm Preparedness: http://www.redcross.org/prepare/disaster/winter-storm
Your safety is our number-one concern. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to call us today.